e mail "email@example.com"
Born to battle
Biblical Deliverance Ministries
From victory for victory
Before going on to explore the tactics of our warfare we must become familiar with what the Bible reveals about satans kingdom. Here is a brief summary including scripture references to further your study.
Begin by mediating on these two important passages:
He has delivered us from the power of darkness and translated us into the kingdom of the Son of His love (Col.1:13) .... having wiped out the handwriting of the requirements against us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
He disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it (Col.2:14-15)
Far more important than the study of angels and demons is the study of God Himself.
Consider this passage from the book of Revelation 19:4-6
And the twenty four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshipped God who sat on the throne saying, Amen!! Alleluia!!"
Then a voice came from the throne, saying, "Praise our God, all you His servants and those who fear Him, both small and great!" And I heard, as it were, the voice of a great multitude, as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty thundering, saying, "Alleluia! For the Lord God Omnipotent reigns!"
This is the sound of heaven exulting over the destruction of the works of satan in the final judgment. I cant wait! One thing is certain. To follow Jesus is to march toward a final and complete VICTORY.
The Unseen Realm.
In a time of war, battles are won by strategic concentration of force (prayer). Soldiers (us) dont just attack along a scattered front. They follow a plan designed by a general (in our case, Almighty God) who just happens to have all the information, wisdom, and power we need. I cant think of anything as great as the privilege of being enlisted into His army. God will lead us like He led the Israelites, with His pillar of fire, consuming the enemy. Hallelujah!!
We fortunately already have orders; we can also receive more of these orders, through prayer. Read the description of the battlefield. Here is a brief summary of some of the truths about the unseen realm revealed in the Word of God that pertain to the destruction of our cities, nations, church and people and how to stop it:
1. Satans kingdom is a limited hierarchy of fallen angels, evil spirits, with order, authority and a chain of command.
2. High ranking, supernatural personalities, referred to as principalities and powers in Ephesians 6, seek to dominate geographic areas, cities, houses and peoples etc.
3. While Gods Word tells believers to treat such beings with a healthy respect, it also commands us to take captivity captive, to bind the strong man, to plunder his goods and to tear down the rule, legal right and authority of the evil one.
4. We, as believers, are given authority to overcome the enemy as a result of Jesus' victory.
5. We must strategically apply Gods power-based discernment of the unseen realm.
6. We need to overcome the enemy to prepare the way for Gods power to move (This can be achieved, in foundational warfare.)
7. Jesus said " Every city or house divided against itself will not stand." (Matt 12:25) Spiritual authority is present in the unity among believers, moving together toward a common goal.
Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven .. Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven (Matt.18:18-19).
Consider the following facts about Gods holy angels. As you read and meditate on the implications, let these truths sink in.
1. There are millions of angels (Rev.5:11)
2. They are immortal spirit beings created by God to represent and guard His interests (Ps:148:5)
3. Angels are able to manifest themselves in human form, as occurred in the story of Lot and Sodom (Gen19;Acts 10:30).
4. Different categories of angels represent different functions and levels of authority, similar to an army. Seraphim, Cherubim, archangels, and guardian angels are some of the roles(Col 1:16; Jude 9).
5. Angels worship before the throne of God and serve Him obediently (Ps 148:2; Heb 1:6)
6. Guardian angels are assigned to each child at birth and minister to that person throughout life (except if the person hardens their heart against God and determines to do evil) (Matt.18:10)
7. Angels celebrate before the Throne of God every time a sinner comes to God in repentance (Luke 15:10)
8. Angels are commissioned to execute divine judgment upon persons, cities, and nations (Rev.)
9. The bible warns people not to worship angels (Col.2:18; Rev 19:10)
10. The work of angels is distinct from that of the Holy Spirit. Angels administer affairs on behalf of God, and the Holy Spirit reveals the mind of God. (Matt.4:11)
11. Some angels are assigned to specific territories, including people. The bible states that Israel and its people are under angelic guardianship. Daniel 12:1, Michael is represented as the prince of Israel. The prophet Ezekiel records hearing God speak to angels with these words; " Let those who have charge over this city draw near" (Ezek. 9:1)
Since Israel is the forerunner used to demonstrate Gods truth to all the earth, it follows that all nations, cities and areas have guardian angels assigned to them.
Five fold approach to bring down strongholds:
2. Waiting on God for instruction
3. Intercession repentance
4. Speaking and overcoming evil with Gods word and blessing
5. Inviting the Holy Spirit to fill this place, nation, area, house, person.
Worship and praise
Worship is prayer and prayer is worship. Worship Him with a purity of heart and clean hands. Lift your heart to Him and glorify His Name. Sing to Him in a new song, (sing in the spirit,'Tephillah'), rejoice, and worship in freedom without a concern of others around you. Your only audience is God. The whole process above 1-5 can literally be done through worship alone. This shows you the power of worship and waiting upon the Lord.
"Even them I will bring to my Holy Mountain, and make them joyful in My House of prayer for My House shall be called a house of prayer for all nations."(Isaiah 56:7)
I believer this scripture actually speaks of an intercessory song. This scripture is a key to us. The words of prayer in Isaiah actually mean 'Tephillah', which in itself means a prayer set to music and sung in formal worship. The word 'Tephillah' occurs 77 times in the Old Testament. You could safely interpret the verse this way. 'My house shall be called a house of prayer and praise.' Music cannot be separated from prayer in most of the Old Testament. Many intercessors go around with long faces. If we as intercessors dont maintain joy in intercession, the enemy will take our strength from us. Neh.8:10 says: "For the joy of the Lord is your strength." Satan loves to break down intercessors through grief and sorrow over all the problems they pray about. If they allow this and do not allow themselves to be released from their burdens, filled with Gods Spirit, and refreshed with His joy and strength, they will become wounded burden bearers.
Since prayer and praise are linked together in the Word of God, they lead us into the courts of God, into the Holy of Holies. Here is a scripture, relating worship and prayer, leading into warfare.
Praise the Lord! Sing to the Lord a new song, and His praise in the congregation of the saints . Let them praise His name with the dance; let them sing praises to Him with the timbrel and harp Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two-edged sword in their hand, to execute vengeance on the nations, and punishments on the peoples; to bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron; to execute on them the written judgment this honour have all His saints. Praise the Lord! Psalm 149:1,3,6-9.
In the above passage, praising God executes vengeance upon the heathen. It binds kings with chains, and nobles with fetters of iron, and executes judgment. Pretty powerful intercession! In other words, worship is spiritual warfare.
Wait on the Lord
Do not presume to attempt to extend Gods kingdom without His specific direction, Look to God in humility and patience. The best place to become familiar with Gods voice is through prayer. God delights to speak clearly to those who seek Him.
Remember, never put God in a box, He has a pattern, but often works through this pattern in many unique and different ways.
Our God is an awesome God.